Almost all people experienced colds and coughs, to some extent, during the winter season. Those conditions actually remind the people about their weaknesses, frailty.
In many cases, coughs can be a result of air pollution, smoking, second-hand smoking, and the aging process.
Coughing is a way for the body to clean up the respiratory system from any kind of infection, such as bronchitis, or some other issue in the body.
The Mayo Clinic explains that a cough is considered “acute” if it lasts less than three weeks, but if it lasts longer than eight weeks (four weeks in children), it is considered “chronic.”
Here are some causes of coughs:
a) Common causes of acute coughs:
– Common cold
– Inhaling an irritant
– Influenza (flu)
– A whooping cough
b) Common causes of chronic coughs:
– Asthma (most common in children)
– Postnasal drip
– Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
The reason why the people are coughing is to help their body to get rid of foreign material or mucus from their lungs and upper airway passages. It’s, actually a body’s protective mechanism designed to keep them breathing easy. Most of the times, determination of coughing can be easy, but sometimes it can be a mystery.
What helps in determining the cause of coughing?
– Pay attention to the details, like the sound of your cough,
– Look about the accompanying symptoms
It is very important to identify the cause, for getting on the right way to recovery.
The first reaction of the people to a cough is a visit to the pharmacy, where they buy cough syrup, believing that will help them to stop it. However, the best way is to visit the doctor who will prescribe you the right medicine. Also, there is versatile natural medicine which is even more effective than any medicine and what is an advantage by using them is the fact that they don’t have side effects.
Here we offer you one of the best homemade remedy, made of banana and honey.
Homemade Banana Cough Cream
– 2 ripe organic bananas
– 400 milliliters of water
– 2 tablespoons of raw organic honey
1) Mash the bananas in a bowl, by using a wooden spoon,
2) Boil the water,
3) Add the boiled water to the bowl
4) Leave the boiled banana aside to cool for half an hour, covered
5) Add honey and stir well
– Take 100 ml of it 4 times daily, heating it a bit before taking
– Bananas will also boost your serotonin levels, which the people need for easily falling asleep.